Stone Street West, Hamburg. Stone Street runs east/west off Hamburg Road, the Main Street of the village. On the north side of the top postcard, stands the Methodist Church (M.E.) The Free Methodist Church was built in 1865. In the1950’s, it housed the Hamburg Township offices. In 1964 it became the Hamburg Library, then in 2004 the Hamburg Historical Museum, now owned by the Hamburg Historical Society.
Apple trees are plentiful in this view of Stone St., Hamburg. The first apple trees in the village were grown in 1834, and by 1878 Hamburg was known for its apple production.
As shown in these two real photo postcards, vintage postcards were produced in both the vertical and horizontal format.