Hamburgh, School 1908-1909. The top real photo card was taken beside The frame school building, the bottom card inside the building. The interior view shows 18 boys, 18 girls, with the teacher standing at the back of the room. He is shown in the exterior view at the back of the group, wearing a bow tie this time. The students had wonderful one piece desks with wooden writing surfaces, heavy wrought iron frames, and attached seats that probably swiveled.
Note the spelling “Hamburgh” on the postcard captions of both cards. Hamburg Township was named in 1837.