Chrome Postcard showing Gordon Hall, dated 1964. The caption on the back side reads, “The Historic Dexter House Dexter, Michigan The home of Judge Dexter, for whom the Village of Dexter was named. This historic building is more than a hundred years old. Photo by Mary Gunn.”
Gordon Hall, or the Dexter House, as it is sometimes called, is still a prominent landmark in Dexter. It was named a Michigan State Historic Site in 1958 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1972. It is nearly certain that Gordon Hall was a stop on the Underground Railroad. In 1950 the house was sold to the University of Michigan, then in 2006 to the Dexter Historical Society and Museum.