Dexter, Mich., dated 1954. There are changes in the village of Dexter: A Rexall Drugs and a General Store are on the left side. The building that had been Walker’s Bakery is now Detroit Edison. Farther down the block there are signs for Beer, Drugs, and a Restaurant.
Dexter, Mich., circa 1950’s. The two cards here were taken by the same photographer, possibly on the same day. The details on the north side of Ann Arbor Street are more clear in this second shot, taken a few steps closer to the streets. The gas station at the corner of Ann Arbor Street and Broad Street is a Standard Oil full service station.
Real photo postcard views photographed from the approximate spot of the previous view, forty years later