Dexter Mich., dated 1909.
The M.E. Church was established in 1843. The original church was located on Central Street. In 1925 the building was destroyed after a lightning strike. A new church was rebuilt in 1927. The church is now located at the site of Camp Newkirk on Huron River Drive.
The German Lutheran Church was built on the corner of Fourth and Ann Arbor Streets, then known as Piety Hill. In 1957 it merged with the Congregational Church to become St. Andrews United Church of Christ. The original Lutheran church building is now the Dexter Area Historical Society and Museum home, on the corner of Inverness and Fourth, one block from its original location.
After merging with the German Lutheran Church, the Congregational Church became the United Church of Christ.
The Baptist Church was organized in 1831, the original church was built in 1840, then the brick church shown was built in 1866 on the northeast corner of Fifth and Broad St.
In 1854 the Episcopal Church shown was built. St. James Episcopal Church is now on Broad Street.