Pinckney, Michigan, circa 1950’s. Looking north at the business district on Main Street from across the town square, some of the signs are readable on storefronts, left to right: Drugs, and above that Drugs Candy, McPherson State Bank, and Pinckney General Store.
Chrome postcard of Main Street, postmarked 1967. Caption on the back reads, “Pinckney General Store service Groceries, choice Meats, Hardware, Sporting Goods, Sportswear Pinckney, Mich.” There are signs in sequence under the overhang, reading, Supermarket prices, Basement Dept Store, Clothing Household Gifts, Complete Food Market, and Choice Meats.
This view was taken from the town square, looking north to the business district on Main Street, which was paved and redesignated M-36 by the state..
Note some changes in the look of the business section since the last decade, the façade over the building that housed the Pinckney General Store, for one. The light poles and stone planters are also new. This is also the first parallel parking view on Main Street.