Main St. East Pinckney Mich, postmarked 1912. Main Street east of the business district shows the summer afternoon shadow of the buildings in the business district. The trees are thick enough that the houses cannot be seen in this view. In the distance, a horse and buggy trots toward the camera.
The sender of this card mentions that he tried to get a card from Rushton, but had to settle for Pinckney. Rushton was the station on the Grand Trunk Railroad, named for Rush Clark, the postmaster. Rushton operated a post office until 1935.